Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Doctors, Haircuts and Good-bye's - Oh My!

So, I came home the Monday after a long day at work and get greeted by Chloe at the door with a big smile - then I hear James telling Chloe to let Jacob tell me - to which I look down and see a not smiling Jacob with a baseball hat on. I asked Jacob "what do you have to tell me" .... then he took off his baseball cap and told me he cut his hair. I instantly wanted to laugh but being the parent and not wanting to condone this behavior I asked him why and told him that he couldn't have scissors in his room anymore - then Eli (my nephew) comes out of the bedroom and says, "Aunt Katy, Jacob cut his pajamas too" and showed me. Then I got mad. Cutting the hair is one thing, but cutting clothes - he knew better!! What gets into these kids! I asked him why and the only answer I got (the only answer I EVER get) was "I don't know!"
So, to continue on the week on Tuesday Sarah and I both had visits to the doctor! Sarah is now 13 lbs and 23 1/2 inches long - which puts her at 50% in weight and 25% in length still. Doctor said she is doing very good! She hated the shots and has been running a temp since ;( poor thing - then it was my turn (although I was quite happy to run into Stephanie and Mr. Owen at my appointment!) The blood clot is gone but I think I am still doing 3 months on the Coumadin. They can't tell if the vein is open or not but my doctor didn't seem to be concerned so I'm not going to be either!!!

We finally put together Sarah's Jumparoo and she loved it! Her feet BARELY touch the floor and she gets frustrated with her toys, but its so cute. Its really the first time she has actually played with anything - sad to see her growing up so fast, but I love that smile of hers and I love to see her happy!

Sunday night we had our nephew Eli spend the night and Jacob and Eli put on a concert for us!

This is Chloe' making her dad eggs on her last day at home. We miss you Chloe' and can't wait for you to come home at Christmas!

Our 2 girls enjoying some time together on Chloe's last night at home. I simply love this picture of them! Both sooo cute and soooo happy!

No comments:

Playlist