Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Crazy Week

Last weekend James and I took the kids to the Easter Egg Hunt in Fairview Heights! The Bates clan joined us and the kids had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect - I hope its like that for Easter!!!
Jacob and Eli - Best Friends and Cousins
Sarah's First Picture with the Easter Bunny!

Sarah's first ballerina outfit!
This is one of my favorite outfits!!

Some awake time with Mommy on Monday - and this is where the week went crazy! Monday Sarah and I had a great time together and I am so thankful for the quiet of the day as the rest of the week was not so quiet!
Last week Sunday I woke up to horrible pains in my right side but James and I just kind of figured that maybe I slept funny since the pain was all the way from my front to my back on my right side. We went to church and out to eat with my family and as the day continued I felt feeling more and more sick and the pain was pretty bad. James was getting worried and wanted me to call the doctor but I kept thinking I had pulled a muscle sleeping in a "U" shape on couch trying to reduce my overly swollen legs! Monday came and I was still having a lot of pain which was now more centered just in front on my right side and it was excruciating everytime I would move and very painful to walk. I called doc and since no fever we decided to wait another day since it had just been 6 days since I had little Sarah and things were still shifting around. By Tuesday things had not gotten any better and James was very worried so we made our trip to the doctor's office. From there things got crazier. They thought maybe I had an appendicitis so they sent us down the hall to surgeon's office - I was now getting pretty scared and did not want to spend more time in the hospital. The surgeon pushed around and he also believed it might be an appendicitis so sent us to the hospital for a CT scan and lab work - just what I wanted - more people poking at me with needles! The CT scan showed I had a small stone in my appendix but surgeon said nothing to be concerned with now - the problem was that I have a blood clot in my right ovarian vein (very rare) so they admitted me. I spent 4 more days in the hospital this week getting poked and prodded, but the hardest part was being separated from my week old daughter. I did not react well when they told me I could not have her with me through the night. But James brought her up every day to spend the day with me. Nights were miserable without her! I cried after she would leave every night, but thankfully the girls at work brought me a picture of her in a cute frame so I could keep it with me and it did help a little!
So, the plan for this clot is to take shots in my stomach (blood thinner) for the next couple of days and then be on Coumadin for the next 6 months since they are not really sure why I clotted. No more breastfeeding. Luckily for me it had just started to come in so not as painful to stop this early on. I really had my heart set on being able to breastfeed, but its better that I take care of myself. After 4 LONG days I got to come home yesterday morning. Nothing better than home!

Leaving the hospital - hopefully fthe last time for a LONG LONG time!!!

No comments:

Playlist