Saturday, March 28, 2009

Update

Here's an update from Thursdays doc appt! Sorry - still no updated picture of me!
I went in not expecting anything - and walked out feeling happy! We finally have an induction date!!!! We have it set up for Tuesday at Memorial - as long as there is room for us! Doc called to set up for Monday but was told no room. Took a little pushing, but he called back for Tuesday. So nice being able to say - hey, she'll be here by next week!!! I can't wait to hold my little girl!
Yesterday I found out that someone who was scheduled for an induction on Monday had their baby - so I called the office (after a very good friend said I should) and asked if I could get her slot on Monday - the hospital had already filled it (my luck!) but they put me on the waiting list. They said to call at midnight and if there is room we can go in Monday instead. Please keep your fingers crossed - I'm ready!!
I've had some swelling in my feet for a while but its getting a little worse and I've been feeling a little dizzy the last two days. Everyone says my body is preparing for labor - I just hope everyone is right! My lower back and hips are really making it hard to get around so I can only hope the end is near - but at least I know that even if she doesn't want to come out on her own she's being forced in just a few more days and I can hold on for that! Little girl needs to learn to listen to her mommy! LOL Would be nice if she would come on her own as I'm sure that would be a much easier labor than an induction, but what can I say - she's stubborn already! I told the doctor on Thursday that she's trying to get out but because she's gotten so big in here she can't anymore! I am really scared about just how big she actually is going to be. I don't know of anyone that went to 40 weeks that did not have a large baby and I'm I little scared. Never thought of myself of a little person - until now :)

Thought I would share a picture of the waiting Daddy! James is getting quite impatient for his little girl to come also - this pic is from the other weekend from our family night - Jacob and James decided we should do Bendaroos and here is James invention!
and here is a picture of my little cousin Dessa (my cousin Danny's little girl)!!! She came over to visit the other weekend! I can't believe how much she has grown since Christmas, which is the last time I saw her! I can't wait to watch all these girls grow up together! I had a blast with Dessa and it makes it that much harder waiting for my own little girl to come!!! Scary to know how fast its going to go once she's here too!
Well hopefully in a day we'll have some pictures of us leaving for the hospital!!! I'll try to keep updated on here about how its going - if nothing else, blogging might help to kill the time waiting for her in the hospital.
You can tell I've never gone through this as I still think I'm going to want to be on the computer because contractions aren't going to hurt :) But since I've not had ANY at all and don't know what to expect with all this - I'm quite content being naive and thinking this is all going to be so easy!
Right now I don't care - I just want to hold my daughter and look at her sweet face - and tell her how much I love her!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How sweet you will do fine!

Jennifer said...

You will so not be on the computer during labor!! It will go smoothly, maybe you've made it to the hospital tonight as I'm typing.

Amanda said...

It is possible to be on the computer during labor...I was with Parker all day long while laboring at home. Ask Stephanie I was IM'ing her almost of the day. Everything will go as smooth as you think it will. Still praying for you and your precious baby girl!

Playlist